Thursday 11 September 2014

Here I come again Kathmandu !

It is amazing how the time flies. Here I am in Kathmandu again,for the 7th time . This time there are 29 sponsored children, and not 8 as in my first visit in 2008. In addition, KIKN is also supporting 2 schools, an orphange and a disabled children's home

Reflecting on the progress we have made, and the changes that had taken place since , we have come a long way, at the same time, we still have a long way to go. I take pride in the fact fhat KIKN is achieving the goals it sets out to do with a lot of help and support from all our friends/ donors/sponsors. Without them , KIKN will not have been able to do all the things that we have done and needs to do in the future.

One of the big challenges facing KIKN is resourcing the number of children through higher education ( university ) each year in the  coming years. Uma and I need to map out carefully the possible scenario with resource implications  while I am here.

I have seen most of our sponsored children  since I arrived. How they have grown! ! Two of UMa' children are now taller than I am, sigh....I know it does not take much for that to happen, being a shortie that I am  :=)

I have been given my old room back, which will make my month long stay here very comfortable. There is the unseasonal thunder storms at the moment. This has caused the main road to Uma'place water logged and very muddy. The large craters on the road do not help. It is impossible to walk on the road at the moment.I do hope the dry season will start soon to enable me to do the normal things as in previous Septembers.

Having had our planning meeting today, work starts tomorrow with or without rain.

No comments: