Wednesday 6 September 2017

Here I go again - for the 10th year

The saying' Time flies when one gets older' is so true. I cannot believe that  it is September again , the time to make my annual trip to see the children in Kathmandu!

What a year it has been. KIKN has achieved  the objectives we set for 2017, but is very aware of a bigger challenge come  April 2018. It is when we hope to put 15 able children through  to  year 11 and 12 ( the 6th forms).We have been widening our fund raising circle, thanks to our newest trustee, Kate . Kate is busy organising various events where she works , 3 separate  events in fact, with the hope of securing more funds for KIKN's education budget in 2018. So far so good.

KIKN continues to raise its profile through a core of  loyal supporters who will host  theme  evenings. An Italian evening being hosted by Barbara Scott is one such event coming up in October, on my return from Kathmandu. Then there's another sponsor who is going to pay £2,000 a year to enable KIKN to set up our 5th Breakfast club . This will enable  another 50 children, some of whom go begging for food  each day before and after school, to have one regular meal a day. KIKN is certainly on a roll!

As I progress through life, I am increasingly believed that positive thinking pays , each and every time!. The power of our subconscious mind is not to be  ignored. Time and again I have faced a tight/difficult situation, but have always being  optimistic that we will find a way through it.. It invariably does, and I am so grateful. The amazing universe always answers  my call.......

I fly to Kathmandu today with optimism and gratitude. Everyone I have encountered while carrying out the work of KIKN has not failed to amaze me, particularly the Brits, who  are so  generous and kind and with such open mind.

Thank you.




No comments: